1. Coin Toss.
Heads (-105) (20/21)
Tails (-105) (20/21)
Shocking. A 50/50 guess has equal odds. Through the first 46 Super Bowls, heads has come up 23 times, while tails has come up...well, 23 times. The longest stretch of consecutive results was four straight four different times. Currently, heads is on a four straight streak. Go tails.
2. The Race to 10 Points
3. Will there be a scoreless quarter?
Yes (+240) (12/5)
No (-300) (1/3)
4. Shortest successful field goal in the game?
Over 24-1/2 yards (-125) (4/5)
Under 24-1/2 yards (-105) (20/21)
5. Team to call first timeout in the game?
Baltimore Ravens (-115) (20/23)
San Francisco 49ers (-115) (20/23)
6. Will a roughing the passer penalty be called?
Yes (Even) (1/1)
No (-130) (10/13)
7. Total tackles and assists - Ray Lewis
Over 11-1/2 (-135) (20/27)
Under 11-1/2 (+105) (21/20)
8. Total receiving yards - Randy Moss
Over 35-1/2 (10/13) (-130)
Under 35-1/2 (1/1) (Even)
9. How long will it take Alicia Keys to sing the US National Anthem?
Over 2:10 (+140) (7/5)
Under 2:10 (-180) (5/9)
Last year's National Anthem from Kelly Clarkson ended in a push, as she went exactly 1:34 seconds. Two years ago, Christina Aguilera's National Anthem was 1:54.
10. Will Alicia Keys forget or omit at least 1 word of the official US National Anthem?
Yes (+250) (5/2)
No (-400) (1/4)
11. How many times will Jack Harbaugh be shown on TV during the game?
Over 2-1/2 (-200) (1/2)
Under 2-1/2 (+160) (8/5)
12. How many times will Harbaugh be said during the game?
Over 23-1/2 (-175)
Under 23-1/2 (+135)
13. What color will the Gatorade (or liquid) be that is dumped on the Head Coach of the Winning Super Bowl team?
Just for the record, here are the last 10 Super Bowl Gatorade colors:
SB XLVI: Clear (Giants - on Eli?) - I'm not 100% on this one.
SB XLV: Orange (Packers)
SB XLIV: Orange (Saints)
SB XLIII: Yellow (Steelers)
SB XLII: Clear (Giants)
SB XLI: Clear (Colts)
SB XL: Clear (Steelers)
SB XXXIX: Clear (An AFC East team that shall not be named....)
SB XXXVIII: None (That AFC East team again)
SB XXXVII: Purple (Buccaneers)
SB XXXVI: None (Seriously, can someone else from the AFC East - and the southern US - win one?)
SB XXXV: Yellow (Ravens)
Also, Bruce Raffel from Baltimore Beatdown sent an email inquiry to Pepsico to see if he could find out what Gatorade colors they are providing the two teams this year. Here is the response he received:
We appreciate the opportunity to respond. The NFL teams have a variety of flavors available to them to meet all the player needs/requests. Each team is different and may choose different flavors than the other team. The flavor/color of the dunk will depend on which cooler is picked up at the conclusion of the game.
Thanks for your understanding, Bruce.
Gatorade Consumer Relations
A Division of PepsiCo
14. Who will the Super Bowl MVP thank first?
Does not thank anyone (3/2)
15. What will happen with the Dow Jones the day after the Super Bowl?
Market Up (-140) (5/7)
Market Down (Even) (1/1)
Interestingly, there appears to be a correlation between who wins, and what the market does . If an AFC team wins, the market tends to sell. If a team from the NFC - or a team that traces back to the old NFL - wins, the market climbs. With the Ravens, it will be interesting to see how the "trace" of the franchise goes back. Does it follow the Cleveland Browns into the NFL in 1949, or is it considered an AFC team, only coming into existence in 1996