Huge game coming up for our Dolphins. I'd say another must win (they all are when you are 6-6). I see this game as a big time challenge for several reasons:
1) The weather and crowd: This will be very tough to overcome as we obviously aren't used to playing in cold and possible snow. We have to make sure this is not a factor. Having several guys that have played up north should be an asset (Wallace, Wake, Ellerbe, etc...). Hopefully this is not a story line.
2) QB's that make off schedule plays tend to hurt us. We have done better this season, but usually guys that can extend plays are bad to our defense. Big Ben will do that this game. We need to be sure not to allow any 60-70 yard strikes from Pittsburgh. To do this will take...
3) Pressure the QB all game long. Our d-line is one of, if not the, best in the NFL and we must get after a very poor offensive line this game. We cannot just win the battle here, we must dominate it. Wake, Jordan, Vernon and others must wreck the passing game of the Steelers.
4) Protect Tannehill. From what I have seen of the Pittsburgh defense is they will take risks. The DB's will gamble and they love to blitz. If Tannehill is protected I think he could feast on a weak secondary. The problem is they live for big plays (usually caused by the pass rush).
5) Play even in special teams at minimum. We must not give up any plays in the kicking game and must hit FG's in bad weather (something Sturgis did not have to do at UF the last few years). It would be nice to have a big play in this part of the game, but I'd settle for an even match here.
6) Finish drives. We must get 7 not 3 on drives (as it will be no guarantee about FG's in bad weather anyway). We cannot stall like the first half against the Jets. We need to find our redzone guy (was Gibson, now we are looking). My opinion would be (and I can't believe I am saying this) Egnew or a TE against the Pittsburgh LB's. I also love Tannehill on boots so he can run if he chooses.
If we manage to win this one, I think we are looking at a realstic shot at the playoffs (and I'd love to get Indy/Cincy in round 1), if not it will be extrememly unlikely we get in. Go Phins!!