With 12 days remaining before Super Bowl XLVII kicks off, the hype machine is just starting to get going. Every possible story line will be explored, and some will be explored from more directions than you can imagine (Harbaugh brothers, Harbaugh parents, Harbaugh NFL experience, Andrew Luck's ties to the Harbaughs, etc., etc., etc.). But, what storylines will be the worst this year?
Behind the scenes, myself and some of the other SB Nation editors discussed that exact question. With Mocking the Draft's Dan Kadar providing the majority of the list, here are some of the ideas that we came up with:
- HarBowl, SuperBaugh, etc., etc.
- Ray Lewis' last game
- Ed Reed's first Super Bowl
- Old School Flacco vs. New School Kaepernick
- Ray Lewis retiring
- Joe Flacco is an elite quarterback - Just like the "17 other 'elite' NFL QBs"
- Making up for last season's miscues - Lee Evans and Kyle Williams both cost their teams a season ago
- Sean Payton's reinstatement
- Ray Lewis not coming back next year
- Ed Reed's last game?
- New Orleans recovery from Hurricane Katrina
- New York's recover from "Super Storm" Sandy (You know they will work that in)
- Jack Harbaugh's kids in the Super Bowl
- Ray Lewis' 17 year career
- Hey, Indiana basketball coach Tom Crean is the Har-brother-in-law
- Ray Lewis passing the torch to Patrick Willis
- Michael Oher once had a book written about him, so we'd better remind everyone
- Ray Lewis' emotions
- Randy Moss is in the Super Bowl
- The Patriots are not in the Super Bowl
- Ray Lewis could end his career as a Super Bowl champion
What else? What can you come up with? Let us know in the comments below.