The offseason rumors for the Miami Dolphins are starting to spin up, and they aren't starting slowly. The idea of the Dolphins targeting a wide receiver in free agency is a common one among fans and media types right now, and one name seems to keep popping up.
During this past Sunday's game, Jenning's sister Valyncia Jennings pulled a Marcus Vick, tweeting about how bad her brother's team is. Of course, in an instant media world, her tweets were compiled by USA Today, giving a run down of the frustration she was feeling.
- "Why was that ball under thrown like that, he was wide open make the throw for the receiver!!! Geeez!!"
- "My God Aaron Rodgers holds the ball forever! GJ was wide open 5x for that touchdown! Goodness he acts like he doesn't want to throw to him????"
- "GJ is the only receiver that has to jump in the air with both hands up to get the ball!!! It's ridiculous I pray he departs GB ASAP!"
- "Aaron Rodgers smh! Had him in the slot wide open no one even covered him! Where is Peyton Manning when u need him! This is utterly pathetic"
Valyncia was not done tweeting about Greg and the Packers, however. She began tweeting to Greg's wide Nicole:
- "@Da_mrs_85 Eb, Cortney, and Jahlin. We are hot Mad! I've never seen a star receiver ever go through this smh! @GregJennings needs to bounce!"
- "It is so obvious that @GregJennings is being blatantly ignored by ARod. Maybe @ halftime GJ should put on #18 [Randall Cobb's jersey number] then ARod will force it to him!"
- "Who can make a play @GregJennings can! He's the best freakin receiver these clowns got! Now take your talents to south beach & get paid!"
- "@GregJennings ball out so you can leave this team! They will miss u when your gone! It's all good bye packers! Cheap team, can't afford him"
- "@Da_mrs_85 I don't freakin care he should have more catches, if this idiot could see the coverage!! Then he holds on to the ball & fumbles!"
- "ARod is the most overrated QB in the league! He is no where near Peyton or Brady! It sickens me, Peyton would avg. 5 TD with this squad!!!"
Wait a minute. Rewind. What was that in there about South Beach? Of the other 31 teams in the league, was South Beach, and the Miami Dolphins, chosen for a reason?
Of course it's all just speculation, but this is what turns a smoldering desire from fans into a flame. It's not yet a bonfire, but it could get there with enough time and care.
According to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's Lori Nicket, Greg addressed his sister's tweets today:
"I'm like, "C'mon, you can't do that to me,'" said Greg. "I'm not mad at her, I'm not saying it was right, I'm not saying it's wrong. It's her opinion.
"I saw something on the timeline that said, "I love Greg Jennings, but he has to control his family.' If we all controlled our loved ones, there would be no hate, no crime, no anything in the world. It would be a better place. Everyone can't control that. As a parent, I can't control everything my kid does, so how do you expect me to control an adult? It's just not the reality that we live in. Do we hope people will make the right decision and do the right thing? Absolutely. Is that going to take place? No. Not every time.
"Social media's like that. I look at my timeline sometimes and there aren't too many Greg Jennings fans out there sometimes. You know, she's entitled to her own opinion. I'm going to give her a call and let her see the playbook and maybe she'll be
What do you think of Valyncia's tweets (who, by the way, deleted her Twitter account after this episode). Are they indicative of Jennings, who cannot comment on wanting to go to another team until his contract expires, desire to reunite with Philbin? Could the Dolphins want the 29 year old receiver, who missed most of the season with a groin injury?