The Miami Dolphins need wide receiver help. That's not a surprising revelation. With the 2012 regular season complete, it's time for us to start looking toward the 2013 season, particularly the 2013 NFL Draft. Here are some wide receiver targets for the Dolphins, as ranked by Mocking the Draft's Dan Kadar.
The Miami Dolphins are shifting from reviewing the 2012 season to getting ready for 2013. As fans, this is one of our favorite times of year. This is when rumors and speculation run rampant, and everyone has an answer on how to fix the franchise. Debates rage, and, once the Dolphins make a move, everyone will yell and scream about how great, or how bad, a move it was.
The biggest source of speculation each season is the NFL Draft. With the Draft still about four months away, the discussion of how the Dolphins should fill their needs, and in which round to draft which position, is just starting to ramp up. One of the biggest needs for Miami this season is, not surprisingly, wide receiver. While Brian Hartline topped 1,000 yards this year, and Davone Bess exceededr 775 yards while missing the last three games of the year, the Dolphins need a red zone target and a deep threat to compliment (at worst) the Dolphins' two incumbent starters.
But, who in the draft is worthy of a high round draft pick? Dan Kadar from SB Nation's Mocking the Draft has the answer. He has ranked the top wide receivers for the upcoming draft. The top 15 from his rankings are below. For the full list, make sure you head over to his page.
1. Keenan Allen | 6'3, 206 pounds | Wide receiver | California *
2. Tavon Austin | 5'9, 174 pounds | Wide receiver | West Virginia
3. DeAndre Hopkins | 6'1, 200 pounds | Wide receiver | Clemson *
4. Cordarrelle Patterson | 6'3, 205 pounds | Wide receiver | Tennessee *
5. Robert Woods | 6'1, 190 pounds | Wide receiver | Southern California *
6. Justin Hunter | 6'4, 200 pounds | Wide receiver | Tennessee *
7. Terrance Williams | 6'3, 205 pounds | Wide receiver | Baylor
8. Quinton Patton | 6'2, 195 pounds | Wide receiver | Louisiana Tech
9. Markus Wheaton | 6'1, 182 pounds | Wide receiver | Oregon State
10. Da'Rick Rogers | 6'3, 205 pounds | Wide receiver | Tennessee Tech *
11. Stedman Bailey | 5'10, 195 pounds | Wide receiver | West Virginia *
12. Cobi Hamilton | 6'3, 209 pounds | Wide receiver | Arkansas
13. Aaron Dobson | 6'2, 205 pounds | Wide receiver | Marshall
14. Ryan Swope | 6'0, 206 pounds | Wide receiver | Texas A&M
15. Marquess Wilson | 6'4, 183 pounds | Wide receiver | Washington State *