With 4:00 minutes to play in the half in a game that is tied 3-3 and your drive is just sneaked into there territory things are looking good. Well I'm sure that's how we all felt and then the meltdown of all meltdowns began.
My only positive thought is that we actually were in a good spot despite playing some sloppy football. Before the floodgates opened and it was a run away the Dolphins looked descent despite themselves.
1st drive - just across mid feild
3rd down miscommunication with Pouncey and Tannehill leads to a ball being bounced off Tannys cheast with Thomas making a heads up play.
2nd Drive - ended in a FG
short 3rd and 2 with a play poorly blocked leading to a loss in yardage and a fumble (Martin being johnny on the spot)
3rd Drive - starts with a Long holding penalty
still able to get it into a manageable spot and then a miss by Tannehill and Armstrong
The funny thing is this isn't even everything. Tannehill's foot was stepped on by Jerry on 1st down, Fasano had an untimely false start and right before the flood gates began Tannehill missed Clay with a ball behind him.
I put the title as 1:46 because that is what it took for the Texans to ultimately change this game. The first score coming at 1:53 left in the half, the second with :43 and the final dagger with :07.
That is how quick this all got blown up. From 4:00 minutes left driving to take the lead to down 21 going into the half. Personally I have never seen anything so crazy.
I guess my point is that its hard to draw any conclusions from this game positive or negative. They lost which all that matters. The negatives are they lost by 20 and allowed 24 points on consecutive turnovers. Positives are they moved the ball well on the ground and in the air(at times) against one of the best defensive units in the league.
What showed most was a team that hasn't gelled on offense and that isn't a surprise considering Armstrong and Hartline just started practice this week. I think this will improve with playing at home and another week of practice.
Stats that may only intrest me:
- 6 QBs with +3 INTs to start the season and 9 with +2INTs
- Only RGIII won his game of all rookie QBs with little else production from everyone else
- 16-37 0TDs and 3INTs .... Matthew Staffords first start ... just saying
- 9 rec. 119 yards1 TD Brandon Marshall, ZERO Chad Johnson, could have used either one of them today.
- and who was covering Marshall ....... Vontae Davis. Anyone think he would have changed the outcome of this game? Didn't think so.
- Reggie Bush averaged 4.9/carry with 5 first downs, lets hope we resign this guy.