This post is a little different than the others. Its less of a mock and more of a big-board round by round, along with my opinions on the picks.
Round 1: Staying at 8:
1. Ryan Tannehill- I actually really like Tannehill, and feel he can be a success after a year or two. He has great athleticism, and pocket presence, and is probably the best at throwing on the run in this draft class. As for the opinion going around that he was pushed up, I disagree because of his ceiling. He will be a reach at 3 or 4 but has good value at 8.
2.Michael Floyd- I wouldn't mind this pick, because I love the player on the field, but I hate him off the field. We also have bigger holes to fill in the 1st round.
3. Quinton Coples- Has perfect measurables but questionable motor, with the right inspiration I believe he will be the perfect opposition for Wake on the right side.
Round 1: We trade down:
1. Nick Perry- Has great measurables, motor, and production and could be a steal at a 20ish pick. If Tannehill is gone at 8 this would be my next best choice, pick up an extra 2nd in the process.
2. Whitney Mercilus- pretty similar evaluation for Perry, dont like him quite as much though.
Round 2 (from now on I will include trading down in the evaluation by puttin TD next to the grade):
1. Stephen Hill- This is doubtful as he will probably be gone, but if he's there he has amazing value at 41.
2. Andre Branch- I also love this pick, and his value at 41 is great, his stock has dropped and should be there. Branch had one of tge best 40 times for DEs and the best 10 yd split, which means he has great explosion off the ball.
3. Vinny Curry- I like this pick alot, but I dont like him as much as I like Branch, shorter arms, but good production.
4. T.Y. Hilton- I really like this pick. He is really explosive and dynamic.
Grade: A, TD
Other options (at the fear of being redundant):
1. Kirk Cousins
2. Chris Givens
3. Cam Johnson
4. Zebrie Sanders
Others: Marvin McNutt, Marvin Jones, etc.
1. Tommy Streeter:
2. Andrew Datko:
3. Ledarius Green/ Egnew
This is getting long so I think I'm going to stop here. Let me know what you guys think of these potential picks.
This fanpost was written by one of The Phinsider's registered users.