Free Agency (continued)
In the midst of Dolphins fan around the world panicking, I decided to try and give some hope for the future.
I don't know how the cap works nor restructuring contracts.
Eric Winston- quality RT who stays healthy. Can't be worse than Colombo
Mario Manningham- a deep threat with experience. Might cost some $ though
Move on from Peyton. Tennessee is a better deal as he'll be in a more familiar offense.
Trading down with Cincinnati seems to be sketchy as the Jets might screw us over. The other team to watch out for is the Panthers who ironically choose just right after us. Imagine ALERT-The Miami Dolphins have traded their #8 pick and some player to the Cincinnati Bengals for their 17th spot and a 2nd/3rd rounder. "Some say they are planning to get Nick Perry." With the 16th selection in the NFL Draft, the NY Jets select Nick Perry DE of USC. Fans would be irate. Back to reality-There is also a positive. Many mocks have the Jets selecting Mark Barron because of Jim Leonard's injury. They take Barron and we get Perry plus an extra pick. I like the trading down scenario as we have an opportunity to build our offense.
1. Nick Perry DE, USC- helps a lot with the pass rush and looks to be a promising player.
2. Coby Fleener TE, Stanford- talk about mismatch. Possibly the best TE in this draft, Fleener has underrated speed and is a decent blocker.
3. Marvin McNutt WR, Iowa- Very underrated WR in this year's draft. Nice hands and deceptive speed. Fits Sherman's offense.
Extra 3rd. Jake Bequette DE, Arkansas
4. TJ Graham WR, NC State- Speedy receiver and a very good returner.
5. Chandler Harnish QB, Northern Illinois University- Surprise! Harnish's size is the only negative at 6'1 1/2. The positives are that he played in a WCO at NIU, has a strong arm, and has good pocket presence.
6. Ryan Miller OG/OT Colorado- 6'8 321 pounds that held his on against the likes of Suh and Von Miller. Sign him up
7. Matt Daniels S, Duke- Hopefully he goes untouched. This guy is a very nice tackler and is always around the ball.
If Miami trades down who would you rather want?
A. Michael Floyd (52 votes)
B. Nick Perry (34 votes)
C. Cordy Glenn (1 vote)
87 total votes