Looking at the moves made so far in free agency, this is something I've came up with for how our offseason may turn out.
- Sign Flynn to play QB in a familiar system (WCO)
- Sign Laurent Robinson to be a deep threat for us and a go-to guy in the red zone (11 TDs)
- Sign Richard Marshall to play nickel (17 INT in 6 seasons)
- Sign Eric Winston to play RT; Murtha will be backup OT and battle Jerry for RG.
- Sign OJ Atogwe to a 1 year deal cheap, non-guaranteed, fully incentive contract. If he can stay healthy, I'm confident he could do well under Coyle.
- Resign Steve Slaton to be insurance for Bush.
Trade down in the first, no really good value at 8, pick up 2nd round pick.
1. Nick Perry, OLB/DE. Had a strong senior season to go along with his great combine. Fits Ireland size mold also.
2a.Coby Fleener, TE. After NY Giants pick up Martellus Bennett, I see Fleener falling to #10 in the second round to us. Green Bay likes their TEs, having 5 TEs on the roster last season. Expect something similiar here. Fleener is a go-to guy for Flynn.
2b. Mohamed Sanu, WR. This guy is a very productive player in college and is very quick and runs good routes (Hello, WCO?) Had 115 receptions for 1200 yds last season. I was going to put Streeter here but he's raw on short-intermediate routes, which I'm pretty sure are key in a WCO. Not too sure, but I have Sanu for the underneath and Robinson for the deep threat.
3a.Mike Martin, DE/DT. Martin had a great senior bowl and good combine to boost up his stock. With Langford potentially gone, we pick up Martin, who can play 3-4 DE and 4-3 DT.
3b. Josh Chapman, NT. Two down run stuffing nose tackle that was a key part of the 2011 Alabama defense. Due to knee surgery, he'll fall to this pick and will be a good run stopper.
4. OL. I'm not sure which one, but if someone falls on draft day I see RT/OG the pick here.
This was just something quick I threw together, so sorry for not having long, detailed descriptions. Tell me in the comments whether you agree/disagree that the offseason may turn out like this and discuss below!