After a year off, it's time for what many, many, many, many, many of you have been asking about - the return of the Matty Awards. These are an annual look at the best contributors to this site, and some of the best moments from the past year. All of the nominations and vote come from you guys. This is really your awards recognizing some of your favorite members in a series of different categories.
Named in honor of the founder of the Phinsider, the Matty Awards were first introduced for the 2008-2009 season. They returned the next year for the 2009-2010 season. However, last year, the awards fell off. But, I am happy to bring them back.
But, what are the categories? Here are the previously used categories:
- The Chad Penningon Crossing Enemy Lines Award - given to the most knowledgeable and personable opposing blogger.
- The Jim Mandich NewsFlash Award - given to the blogger who posts the most up-to-date and breaking news stories.
- The Ricky Williams Picture Perfect Award - given to the blogger who best used pictures in his/her posts and/or comments.
- The Killer B's Blogger Nickname Award - given to the blogger with the best blog nickname.
- The J-Peezy Player Nickname Award - given to the blogger who created the best player nickname.
- The Tony Sparano "At the End of the Day" Award - given to the blogger who created the best Phinsider catchphrase.
- The Brandon London Bandwagon Award - given to the blogger who started the most ridiculous and hilarious player bandwagon. Bonus Points for a creative nickname.
- The Joey Porter SLAP of the Year Award - given to the blogger with the best smackdown of an opposing blogger.
- The Ted Ginn Punching Bag Award – given to the blogger who tends to be everybody else’s punching bag.
- The Cameron Wake Crossing the Border Award – given to the best blogger whose permanent residence is outside the United States and its territories.
- The Channing Crowder Lost In Translation Award - given to the blogger who has best overcome the language barrier between their first language and the English language.
- The Bryan Cox Award - given to the most passionate/borderline psychotic blogger.
- The Garo Yepremian Funny Like a Clown Award - given to the funniest blogger.
- The Larry Csonka Old Guard Award - given to the best older blogger (40 and up).
- The Davone Bess Little Guy Award - given to the best underage blogger (17 and under).
- The Patrick Cobbs Award - given to the hardest working do-everything blogger at the Phinsider.
- The Chad Henne Goo Cannon Award - given to the blogger who received the most rec's on fanposts and comments. Bonus points for Green comments and ‘recommended fanposts.'
- The Mercury Morris Front-page Frontrunner Award - given to the blogger with the most and/or best front-paged fanposts. Bonus points for rec's.
- The Jake Long Rookie Blogger of the Year Award - given to the best rookie blogger at the site.
- The Zach Thomas Leadership Award - given to the blogger who best exemplifies sportsmanship and level-headedness when posting and commenting.
- The Bill Parcells Award - given to the blogger with the most insightful and knowledgeable posts and comments.
But, obviously, before we can start the nomination process, we must decide on the awards. Are there more we want to add? Is there something that needs to come off? What do we want to rename (I'm looking at you Bill Parcells Award)?
Give me ides here in the thread. Look for the first awards nomination thread coming soon. And, you can check here to see the list of previous Matty Award Winners.