After last week's loss to the New England Patriots, the Miami Dolphins head west to face the San Francisco 49ers later today. Here's all the television and radio information, plus more to get you ready for the game.
The Miami Dolphins dropped their first meeting with the New England Patriots last week. The contest this week is not any easier as Miami heads across the country to face the San Francisco 49ers. How can you watch the game? Of course, we have all the information you need.
First, the pertinent data for the game:
Obviously, CBS is going to be the place to watch this week in most places, but if you are lucky enough to live in the Texans market, or some other market, DirecTV's NFL Sunday Ticket package will air the game on channel 714.
For our international fans, we can help you with a little bit of information about the games you will get this week.:
|1:00||Ravens at Redskins||RDS||National|
|1:00||Cowboys at Bengals||CTV||Montreal, Saskatchewan, Alberta, BC|
|1:00||Bears at Vikings||CTV||Ottawa, Kitchener, N Ontario, Winnipeg|
|1:00||Chargers at Steelers||TSN2||National|
|4:25||Saints at Giants||CityTV, Sportsnet, RDS||CityTV: Toronto; SN: East, West, Pacific|
|4:25||Cardinals at Seahawks||CityTV, Sportsnet||CityTV: Winnipeg, Alberta, Vancouver; SN: Ontario|
|8:30||Lions at Packers||TSN, RDS||National|
|Time (Western European)||Game||Channel||Markets|
|18:00||Ravens at Redskins||SkySports||UK|
|21:25||Saints at Giants||SkySports||UK|
|01:20 (Monday)||Lions at Packers||Channel 4||UK|
|Time (Central European)||Game||Channel||Markets|
|19:00||Ravens at Redskins||ESPN America||Germany|
|22:00||Dolphins at 49ers||ESPN America||Germany|
|02:15 (Monday)||Lions at Packers||ESPN America||Germany|
|5:00am (Monday)||Cowboys at Bengals||Fox Sports||Australia|
|5:00am (Monday)||Ravens at Redskins||One HD||Australia|
|8:15am (Monday)||Cardinals at Seahawks||Fox Sports||Australia|
|8:15am (Monday)||Saints at Giants||One HD||Australia|
|12:20pm (Monday)||Lions at Packers||ESPN Australia / One HD||Australia|
|Time (CET; Iraq/Kuwait; Afghanistan; Korea)||Game||Channel||Markets|
|1900 / 2100 / 2230 / 0300 (Mon)||Bears at Vikings||Prime Atlantic||AFN|
|1900 / 2100 / 2230 / 0300 (Mon)||Cowboys at Bengals||Sports||AFN|
|1900 / 2100 / 2230 / 0300 (Mon)||Ravens at Redskins||Xtra||AFN|
|2200 / 2400 / 0130 (Mon) / 0600 (Mon)||Cardinals at Seahawks||Prime Atlantic||AFN|
|2200 / 2400 / 0130 (Mon) / 0600 (Mon)||Saints at Giants||Sports||AFN|
|2200 / 2400 / 0130 (Mon) / 0600 (Mon)||Dolphins at 49ers||Xtra||AFN|
|0230 (Mon) / 0430 (Mon) / 0600 (Mon) / 1030 (Mon)||Eagles at Cowboys||Sports||AFN|
If you want to catch the radio broadcast, with Jimmy Cefalo, Joe Rose, and Bob Griese, it will be on BIG 105.9 FM in the Miami area, and across the Miami Dolphins Radio Network throughout Florida. You can also listen to the game on MiamiDolphins.com.
- Questionable: Safety Jimmy Wilson (Hip)
- Probable: Tight End Charles Clay (Ribs), Punter Brandon Fields (Knees), Fullback Jorvorskie Lane (Knee)
- Doubtful: Wide Receiver Mario Manninghame (Shoulder)
- Probable: Running back Frank Gore (Wrist), Linebacker Aldon Smith (Shoulder), Linebacker Patrick WIllis (Shoulder)
WHAT TO WATCH:
1. Jonathan Martin vs. Aldon Smith - The Dolphins' second round draft pick makes his first start at left tackle this week, after playing right tackle all season. Replacing four time Pro Bowl tackle Jake Long is no easy task, and doing it for the first time against the league's sack leader, Smith, will make life rough for Martin today. He has to play up to his draft position if Ryan Tannehill is not going to get killed today.
2. Dolphins Containment - The Miami run defense, typically the strong point of the defense, will be tested today. They will face Frank Gore, who is having a great season, but it's not Gore that should be the concern. Miami will have to maintain containment of quarterback Colin Kaepernick and force him to become a pocket passer. Kaepernick actually has less NFL experience than Miami rookie Tannehill, so if the Dolphins can keep him uncomfortable, they could force him into some mistakes. That all starts with keeping him contained.