The NFL has released an updated vote tally heading into the final three weeks of voting for the 2013 Pro Bowl. The release includes the top overall vote recipients, as well as a break down of the top vote recipients for each position.
From the NFL's press release about the game:
Balloting will conclude on Monday, December 17 following the conclusion of Monday Night Football (New York Jets at Tennessee Titans, ESPN, 8:30 pm (ET)). The teams will be announced at 7:00 pm (ET) Wednesday, December 26 on NFL Network's "Total Access".
The 2013 Pro Bowl will be played on Sunday, January 27, 2013 and televised live on NBC at 7:00 pm (ET) from Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii.The AFC and NFC All-Star squads are based on the consensus votes of fans, players and coaches. Each group's vote counts one-third toward determining the 43-man rosters that represent the American Football Conference and National Football Conference in the Pro Bowl. NFL players and coaches will cast their votes on December 20-21.The NFL is the only sports league that combines voting by fans, coaches and players to determine its all-star teams. It was the first professional sports league to offer online all-star voting in 1995.
The Miami Dolphins currently hav, e two players leading their position in the votes. Left tackle Jake Long is currently on top of the AFC tackles, while punter Brandon Fields is also on top of his position.
Other Dolphins players who should be receiving votes include defensive end Cameron Wake (J.J. Watt from the Houston Texans leading the position), center Mike Pouncey (his twin brother Maurkice from the the Pittsburgh Steelers holds the top spot), and safety Reshad Jones (Baltimore Ravens' Ed Reed in first for the position).
The overall top ten vote recipients are:
- Peyton Manning, Quarterback, Denver Broncos (586,523)
- Tom Brady, Quarterback, New England Patriots (534,020)
- Arian Foster, Running Back, Houston Texans (519, 261)
- Aaron Rodgers, Quarterback, Green Bay Packers (485,196)
- Adrian Peterson, Running Back, Minnesota Vikings (484,227)
- A.J. Green, Wide Receiver, Cincinnati Bengals (406,780)
- Rob Gronkowski, Tight End, New England Patriots (399,885)
- Drew Brees, Quarterback, New Orleans Saints (376,530)
- Matt Ryan, Quarterback, Atlanta Falcons (369,467)
- Victor Cruz, Wide Receiver, New York Giants (352,611)