David Kohl-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
This year, the weekly Miami Dolphins game ball will not simply be a product of my naming a winner. Instead, we will leave up to the community. I will nominate up to five players for the recognition, then allow you to vote for the winner. We will nominate on Tuesday mornings, with the winner announced on Wednesday.
The Miami Dolphins beat the Cincinnati Bengal 17-13 on Sunday behind a solid all-around effort from the team. Where as the team simply dominated the New York Jets and Arizona Cardinals for much of those games the past two weeks, only to lose in overtime, this week, the Dolphins put together a solid performance for a full 60 minutes and came away with a win.
Now, it's time to take a look at some of the best performances of the week, and let you pick your favorite. Whomever receives the most votes will be named the Phinsider's Game Ball of the Week winner.
Are nominees this wee are:
- Quarterback Ryan Tannehill - 17-for-26, 223 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs, 92.3 passer rating; became the first rookie QB in NFL history to throw for over 1,250 yards and win two games in his first five games
- Wide receiver Brian Hartline - 4 receptions, 59 yards
- Defensive tackle Randy Starks - 3 tackles, 0.5 sacks, 1 interception
- Safety Reshad Jones - 7 tackles, 1 tackle for loss, 1 interception
- Punter Brandon Fields - 5 punts, 49.6 yard per punt average, 2 touchbacks, long 59 yards
Now it's your turn. Vote in the poll below and discuss your decision in the comments, as well.
Who should win the Phinsider's Week 5 Game Ball?
Ryan Tannehill (135 votes)
Brian Hartline (0 votes)
Randy Starks (167 votes)
Reshad Jones (108 votes)
Brandon Fields (6 votes)
416 total votes