George Frey - Getty Images
All around the country, Saturday afternoons mean college football. For most of us, it's a matter of rooting on our school or our favorite team growing up. For the Miami Dolphins, it means a chance to go find the next draft target.
College football Saturday is here again, and the Miami Dolphins once again have their scouts out to find next year's draft targets. Each week, we take a look at where the Dolphins scouts are, as well as the prospects in the game. Thanks to Chris Steuber, we are able to see where the Dolphins are focusing their attention each week.
As Steuber points out, these are just the games in which he can confirm a scout's attendance. That does not mean there aren't scouts at other games.
Here is a look at the games with Dolphins scouts in attendance and what players they could be watching.
USC at Utah (Thursday night)
- Attending: Scout
- Other Teams Attending: Atlanta Falcons, Buffalo Bills, Chicago Bears, Cleveland Browns, Minnesota Vikings, Pittsburgh Steelers, San Diego Chargers, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, St. Louis Rams, Tennessee Titans and Washington Redskins
- USC Prospects: QB Matt Barkley, CB Brian Baucham, OT Kevin Graf (Junior), CB Torin Harris (Junior), C Khaled Holmes, DE Wes Horton, OG John Martinez (Junior), FS T.J. McDonald, RB Curtis McNeal, RB Silas Redd (Junior), CB Nickell Robey (Junior), FB Hunter Simmons (Junior), SS Jawanza Starling, CB Isiah Wiley, WR Robert Woods (Junior), SS Demetrius Wright (Junior)
- Utah Prospects: S Brian Blechen (Junior), WR DeVonte Christopher, DT Dave Kruger, DE Joe Kruger (Junior), CB Ryan Lacy, DT Star Lotulelei, LB Trevor Reilly (Junior), C Tevita Stevens, OT Percy Taumoelau (Junior), RB John White, QB Jordan Wynn (Junior)
Related: Last Week's College Scouts Tracker
Illinois at Wisconsin
- Attending: Scout
- Other Teams Attending: Carolina Panthers, Chicago Bears, Jacksonville Jaguars, Kansas City Chiefs, New York Giants, Oakland Raiders, Seattle Seahawks and Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Illinois Prospects: ILB Jonathan Brown (Junior), DE/OLB Michael Buchanan, CB Terry Hawthorne, WR Ryan Lankford (Junior), C Graham Pocic, QB Nathan Scheelhaase (Junior), DT Akeem Spence (Junior), OG Hugh Thornton, SS Ashante Williams
- Wisconsin Prospects: WR Jared Abbrederis (Junior), RB Montee Ball, LB Chris Borland (Junior), CB Marcus Cromartie, C Travis Frederick (Junior), DE David Gilbert (Junior), QB Danny O'Brien (Junior), TE Jacob Pedersen (Junior), CB Devin Smith, LB Mike Taylor, OT Ricky Wagner, RB James White (Junior)
Nebraska at Ohio State
- Attending: Scout
- Other Teams Attending: Cleveland Browns, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles and Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Nebraska Prospects: WR Kenny Bell (Junior), RB Rex Burkhead, ILB Will Compton, TE Ben Cotton, CB Ciante Evans (Junior), OLB Sean Fisher, CB Andrew Green (Junior), OG Seung Hoon Choi, DB Stanley Jean-Baptiste (Junior), OG Spencer Long (Junior), K Brett Maher, DE Eric Martin, QB/WR Taylor Martinez (Junior), DE Cameron Meredith, TE Kyler Reed, OT Andrew Rodriguez (Junior), OT Jeremiah Sirles (Junior), FS P.J. Smith, SS Daimion Stafford, DT Baker Steinkuhler, OG Brandon Thompson
- Ohio State Prospects: S C.J. Barnett (Junior), FB Zach Boren, WR Corey Brown (Junior), S Christian Bryant (Junior), OT Reid Fragel, DT Garrett Goebel, OG Marcus Hall (Junior), RB Jordan Hall, DT Johnathan Hankins (Junior), CB Travis Howard, S Orhian Johnson, C Corey Linsley (Junior), OT Jack Mewhort (Junior), OG Andrew Norwell (Junior), WR Verlon Reed (Junior), CB Bradley Roby (Junior), OLB Etienne Sabino, DE John Simon, RB Rod Smith (Junior), TE Jake Stoneburner, DE Nathan Williams