Last week, we did not have a game ball, as we got caught up in the launch of SB Nation United, and somehow, we missed the nomination and the announcement posts. So, I am going to award the game ball from the Week 3 loss to the Jets to Brandon Fields. The Dolphins' punter averaged 58.8 yards per kick. Averaged 58.8 yards. That's amazing. He kicked four punts on the day, with a long of 62 yards. With a performance like that, Fields clearly controlled the field position game for Miami, and really showed why he is a weapon for the Dolphins.
To review our game balls so far for the year:
- Week 1 (at Houston Texans): Marcus Thigpen, Punt Returner
- Week 2 (vs Oakland Raiders): Reggie Bush, Running Back
- Week 3 (vs New York Jets): Brandon Fields, Punter
Which now brings us to this week's nominees. They are:
- Ryan Tannehill, Quarterback: 26-for-41, 431 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 86.5 passer rating (Rookie single game passing yardage franchise record; Rookie single game completions franchise record)
- Brian Hartline, Wide Receiver: 12 receptions, 253 yards (Single game receiving yards franchise record)
- Cameron Wake, Defensive End: 5 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 5 QB hits (Fourth most sacks in single game in team history; 3 tied with 5)
Now, it's up to you. Vote in the poll below and feel free to discuss in the comments.
(And, I don't know why I say Brian Tannehill. Just pretend I say Hartline.)