Jennifer Stewart-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
This year, the weekly Miami Dolphins game ball will not simply be a product of my naming a winner. Instead, we will leave up to the community. I will nominate up to five players for the recognition, then allow you to vote for the winner. We will nominate on Tuesday mornings, with the winner announced on Wednesday.
Last week, we did not have a game ball, as we got caught up in the launch of SB Nation United, and somehow, we missed the nomination and the announcement posts. So, I am going to award the game ball from the Week 3 loss to the Jets to Brandon Fields. The Dolphins' punter averaged 58.8 yards per kick. Averaged 58.8 yards. That's amazing. He kicked four punts on the day, with a long of 62 yards. With a performance like that, Fields clearly controlled the field position game for Miami, and really showed why he is a weapon for the Dolphins.
To review our game balls so far for the year:
- Week 1 (at Houston Texans): Marcus Thigpen, Punt Returner
- Week 2 (vs Oakland Raiders): Reggie Bush, Running Back
- Week 3 (vs New York Jets): Brandon Fields, Punter
Which now brings us to this week's nominees. They are:
- Ryan Tannehill, Quarterback: 26-for-41, 431 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 86.5 passer rating (Rookie single game passing yardage franchise record; Rookie single game completions franchise record)
- Brian Hartline, Wide Receiver: 12 receptions, 253 yards (Single game receiving yards franchise record)
- Cameron Wake, Defensive End: 5 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 5 QB hits (Fourth most sacks in single game in team history; 3 tied with 5)
Now, it's up to you. Vote in the poll below and feel free to discuss in the comments.
(And, I don't know why I say Brian Tannehill. Just pretend I say Hartline.)
Who should win the Miami Dolphins' Week 4 Game Ball?
Ryan Tannehill (123 votes)
Brian Hartline (171 votes)
Cameron Wake (52 votes)
346 total votes