SB Nation has been hard at work fixing bugs and working on reader suggestions with the new SB Nation United platform. Earlier this morning, the team launched a series of updates to the site.
Earlier this morning, SB Nation's technical support team launched a series of upgrades to the site. These upgrades are designed to improve the function of the site, both the main site and the mobile version of the Phinsider. These upgrades come from your suggestions, as well as fixes to some of the bugs we have all found on the site since it went live.
Here's a list of the some of the changes that went live this morning:
- Increased the amount the number of recommended and recent FanPosts on the homepage
- Changed the styles to improve scanning of FanPosts and FanShot headlines and new comments on the homepage
- Added author bylines on Articles in the cover
- Added indicator if articles or features are from another SB Nation site when placed on the homepage
- Added article headline to comments on user profile recent activity list for better reply context
- Reinstated the ability for users to add polls to FanPosts
- Reinstated accurate comment counts on StoryStream updates in the cover
- Reinstated ability for authors to add custom captions to photos
- Trending Stories are now relevant to league of the team or sport the blog covers
- Fixed issue with Shift-A keyboard shortcut for comments not working properly in large threads
- Fixed issue with logos that break out of the circle getting cropped
- Fixed issue where new comment count was incorrect on FanShots posted from another site
- Fixed issue with filters not working on FanShot index page
- Fixed Facebook login issues
- Improved visibility of next and previous arrows on photo galleries
- Added correct author names to the FanPosts page
- Mobile optimization improvements
The tech is already back at work on the next set of updates for the site, with a lot more of them focused around the recommendations coming from the readers of the sites all around the SB Nation network. When they send out that next update, I will let you know what they have changed in that as well.