1. Our Defense played lights out this year. We had games with a lot of the playoff and both Super Bowl Teams. We were as good as anyone on the Defensive side of the ball. So with a FA here and there, maybe safety, maybe a dynamic personality, you know the type of guy I am talking about, the guy who flies around and smashes someone. That is what I see our D lacks. SPIRIT. We are technically good but where is that headhunter guy people talk about.
2. Is it a RB we need, hmmmm, is it a QB we need, hmmmm. Let me tell you what I saw last night. WR is what we need. Both of those teams were deep at WR. Speed guys, guys who got separation, guys who were respected for their speed so when they stopped on a route they was no one near them. WE DONT HAVE THAT. We have a bunch of possession receivers, no game breakers. We need to get deep and fast in this area.
3. Running Backs who hit the hole and go, not ballroom dancers. They were bulls which is the reason why Ricky look so good this year, he stuck his head down and went for it, now, I cringed every time he got the ball and headed into a pile because there was a 20 percent chance he would fumble, but if he did not fumble it was 4 yards. Give me someone like that this year, whether its 3,4, 5, 6 or FA, lets get back to Dolphin Football and successfully run between the tackles.
4. How do we do that you say. Well we are in dire need of some O line help. We need a dominant Center to do what i just stated in Point 3. It all starts there. We need a couple of dominant Guards, if you watched last night Pittsburgh Guards were massive and mobile. Ours are big but slugs. We need some agility at that position.
5. Everyone has been screaming for a TE. Wow the TE really tore up on both sides last night, oh wait, they did not did they. Now GB has an elite TE who is injured but that did not effect them because as I stated in point 1 there WR FLY. Pitts TE had a catch and is respected but he also can block.
6. Now QB. Lets look at both. Ben is alot like Henne. He does better when he sees his WR open. So they have to have a better OLINE so that can happen. Rodgers is a gunslinger, no doubt about it, he is what Marino is always preaching, pick a guy and let if fly. Now I am not a HENNE fan by no means but, he has only been in the league 2 years and a starter for littleover 1 1/2 seasons. After watching last night I do believe Henne has the arm strength and tools to be a gunslinger but what he needs is a coach to teach him that. He needs someone to bark in his ear let it go. I do believe we should bring in someone either FA or draft to push him but, and I am probably going to hate myself for saying this, give him a chance to grow.
7 Draft and FA. This is going to be crucial to this years success. We have many holes to fix on O and a few depth issues on D. I say we start by addressing OLINE specifically Center and Guards, WR speed and Depth, RB who runs inside the Tackles with speed and power. I really dont care how they do it, Just do it.