Let me first state that this is in no way intended to attack, merely to inform. I get no high from "calling people out", and I am no blog Nazi.
With that said, I ask that everyone please more considerate to other members that put much time and effort into creating fanposts. When you post things that are not fanpost material, you push their fanposts off the board and other members are not able to see them.
FanShots are for quotes, photos, videos, or links of interest. They can also be used for short comments or questions.
FanShots are what you should use when you're going to be brief.
FanPosts are for longer, well-thought out discussions.
- Fanposts should not be a few sentences.
- Adding a poll to a few sentences does not make it a fanpost.
- Check previous fanposts and fanshots before creating a new one about the same topic.
- Utilize the delete and edit feature instead of creating new posts
- Rec more posts - If you see someone has put a lot of effort into a post, rec it.
If we do this, readers will be able to find quality material without having to sift through countless posts. Also writers will be more apt to post quality articles because they will have the confidence their post will be displayed more than a few hours.
While it might not matter to some people, I believe the general population will be in favor of a better quality blog that will result from these simple changes.