I would like to start off by saying I liked Sparano but there comes a point where you can’t keep making excuses for someone and it’s put up or shut up. His time here is done and right now he’s the walking dead. But is he to blame for the Dolphins being 0-7.
My feeling is that this blame lies with Ireland. Because at the end of the day Sparano can only coach the players he has on the roster and we all know Ireland is the man in charge of that. Think about all the crappy moves we’ve made over the last 4 years and tell me the team is better because of them.
· Matt Ryan passed over
· Signed Wilford to a four-year, $13 million contract with $6 million guaranteed.
· Drafted Merling in 2nd
· Drafted Chad Henne (3rd pick for dolphins as if QB was not that important)
· Pat White 2nd round pick
· Pat Turner 3rd round pick
· Matt Roth Who knows what happened there
· Traded center Samson Satele
· Traded wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr. (got almost nothing for a good role player)
· Drafted Jared Odrick with 1st round pick… once again passing over areas of need.
· Drafted John Jerry 3rd round
· Drafted Mike Pouncey instead of addressing QB position
· Signed linebacker Kevin Burnett as a replacement for Crowder. (how did that work out)
· Signed quarterback Matt Moore (the only guy out there that’s not better than Henne)
· Signed offensive tackle Marc Colombo (What were they thinking)
· Cut Will Allen
· Terminated the contract of corner back Benny Sapp (with full pay for season)
· Resigned Will Allen after Sapp mistake
· Signed Bush as an every down back and almost never see him catch the ball.
Who is responsible for this mess?
Ireland (51 votes)
Sparano (16 votes)
Players (9 votes)
76 total votes