Just a few of my opinions/ideas from the Phins recent pre-season game. I was at my brother's house when I was watching the game so I missed the actual discussion's during the game. Well here it goes
- ARGHHH ANOTHER RAIN GAME!!!! We are very unlucky.
Chad Henne looked good but his internal clock was set to snooze on that near safety play.
- I lol'd at the Jags announcer Boseli. He referred to that sequence of plays as "Dominating D." Apparently a QB holding the ball for far too long, a FB dive and a dropped 3rd down conversion pass qualifies as dominating. Good analysis Tony
- Marshall has definitely earned the nickname the "Beast" On the same play where Marshall threw the big block to free up Fasano, the corner decided it would be a good idea to press Brandon. Before the snap my bro says "That's not gonna happen" sure enough Marshall destroyed that corner getting off the press. I doubt that corner tried that again
- Got Upset with our defense. Jacksonville has 1 count it 1 viable receiving option in Mike Sims-Walker and we didn't gameplan well enough for him. Kind of exposed Bell in coverage which I fear may be a recurring theme. He doesn't have the deep speed to help our corners over the top
- I got extremely pissed at Nolan Carroll for allowing that touchdown. We sent an all out blitz and he let his man beat him in oh about.. 2 seconds
- Yeaaah there is a major difference in the velocity between Henne and Pennington. Those lobs from Penne are extremely scary. Glad we dont have to worry about that anymore
- Our first team O-line did all right. Opened up some nice holes for our RB's. Thought our rb's were going down too easy so the #'s shoulda been better
- Our rush D was great. MJD can make you look silly and we bottled him up nicely.
- Anyone else catch how badly the Jags wanted to win that game? They had Luke McCown their # 2 QB play the entire 2nd half which was against our 2nd mostly 3rd team defense's. He really showed all our undrafted free agents what's what LOL
- All in all a funny, frustrating good game