Well, since my last post was not about happy stories at all I decided to post something that hopefully will bring a smile on your faces and maybe bring a funny debate.
Have you ever heard the next sentences?
- Are you watching football again?
- Isn't the season over already?
- Is a game more important than me (or taking care of your children)?
- How could it be funny to watch men hitting each other?
- You already saw a game last week, isn't that enough?
If you have, I want to share something with you after the jump
First of all this means you have a couple (wife, gf, bf, lover or whatever) and also means that this special person does not like nor does understand football ergo more less will understand a dolfan.
So for all of you who have hard times when the season is coming I have some good tips.
- On gameday wake up early and make breakfast, clean the front yard, wash the cars, do some laundry or whatever is your "responsibility at home" this way gametime is our relax time after doing a job.
- Buy some magazines which your couple likes and give it to her/him just before the game begins.
- Send them to take a haircut, nail job, pedicure or whatever they like OUT of home.
- Offer yourself to go out to some place you don't like understand, so you can use the "I did it for you now you do it for me" bargain.
- The most difficult one but the only long term solution is teach them the game (I'm still working in this one after 3 1/2 years)
So far my success ratio is 14 of 16 games a season, not bad right, and I must say my wife hates sports.
Fellow phinsiders please share your knowledge maybe you are saving someone who could miss a primetime Dolphins game. Please comment as you like.