Greetings! As you can tell from the title of the post I'm looking to organize a fantasy football league for those interested. This, however, will not be quite like other fantasy leagues you may see advertised here. My plan is to create a league comprised of fans of all four AFC east teams from all four of the SB Nation websites. Here are the specifics:
- The league will be hosted for free on Yahoo.
- The league will be in a head-to-head format.
- The league will be comprised of four divisions, one for The Phinsider, one for Buffalo Rumblings, one for Gang Green Nation, and one for Pats Pulpit. Each division will hold four or five teams, depending on the kind of response I get.
- Scoring will be based on the Yahoo default settings, but with a few key differences:
- It will be a PPR league (points-per-reception).
- It will be an IDP league (individual defensive player, as in, you'll draft linebackers, defensive backs, defensive ends, etc. to accumulate statistics such as tackles and sacks).
- The draft will be held online on Saturday, August 21st at 6:30 PM EST (this is but a tentative draft date, and can be reworked if I find everyone can't make it).
AN IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: Now, because of the nature of the system I'm proposing, it is absolutely 100% imperative that league members conduct themselves in a civil and courteous manner. A little playful ribbing and smack talk is one thing, but to have the message board breakdown into raucous madhouse of name calling and mud slinging is another thing altogether, and frankly, pretty lame and classless. Fantasy football is supposed to be about having fun and enjoying yourself in the competitive arena of being a fake general manager, not about putting down others because you don't like their NFL team. So please, I beg of you, stick to the rules and we should have a great time. I'll be posting this exact message on the other three blogs so that our fellow AFC East'rs understand that they'll need to behave as well.
I've served as a commissioner for my own personal Yahoo fantasy football league going on seven years now, so I know my way around the site and how to organize an enjoyable league. So, if you think you can be a dedicated fantasy owner and classy representative of The Phinsider, then shoot me an email at email@example.com. If I get a fair number of responses (which I'm certainly hoping for) I'll take all the applicants and randomly draw the 4 or 5 members out of a hat. Thank you kindly for your time, and I hope to hear from some of you soon!