Imagine, if you will, that it is the week before the Super Bowl. Jeff Ireland was just fired from his job, leaving a big opening. Well Stephen Ross calls....YOU! Thats right, you are the new GM of the Miami Dolphins. Fun right? Not so fast. Now suppose it is February 7, 2011. The day after the Super Bowl. The Patriots won it all again. Roger Goodell is tired of the NFL being so top heavy, so he decides it is time for a change. At a press conference, he states that each team will get to put 5 players on a keep list, and the rest of the players on that teams roster go into a draft pool. The draft will have a random order each round.
Now it is your job to decide the 5 players you will keep. Being a GM sure is tough, isn' t it? Who should you keep?
Let's assume all the kept players will be assigned new contracts. 5 years and 5 million a year each. Just to keep contracts and pay out of the argument. And on that note, I will now present you with my top 5.
1. Jake Long. Goes without saying. One of, if not the best, LT in the game.
2. Cam Wake. He leads the league in sacks. Cmon. You gotta keep him.
3. Brandon Marshall. He is one of the top receivers in the game. You really can't let him get away.
4. Vontae Davis. He is a great young corner that will only get better. I think these last 2 spots is where we are gonna start getting different opinions. The top 3 are all no-brainers in my opinion.
5. Karlos Dansby. He is one of the better MLBs in the business, and those are very valuable in the NFL.
So maybe on second thought this isn't gonna be as diverse as I was expecting. But I don't care. Lemme know who you would keep and why.