Got home from work today and found a package for me, a big smile came across my face for i knew what it had to be, "The history of the Miami Dolphins DVD from nflshop.com! i turned on the big flat screen and sourround sound system and enjoyed this beautiful film. Im only 29 yrs old so the 70's teams i only know from video clips and stories from my mother who was friends/neighbors with some of them "back in the day", first off the production is very good, the opening montage will give you goose bumps! theres a shot of marino doing a curtain call to the crowd and the roar from the crowd... i though i was watching Russell Crowe in Gladiator, i got chills! i really enjoyed it and found myself feeling soo proud to be a Miami dolphin fan, we have such a rich history for a team thats not that old. anyway here's some of the things i learned from watching the history of the Miami Dolphins.... and if you've seen it, what did u think and feel free to add to the list.
1. The Dolphins started their franchise by returning their first ever kickoff for a TD! only team ever!
2. Joe Robbie was the poorest sports team owner of any sport, and he started the team with 10.000 dollars of his own money.
3. they surrendered their first rd pick to acquire Don Shula
4. How the hell did the Browns let Paul Warfield go? seriously, even if it was for the 3rd pick.
5. Tom Landry said "they play good defense (72 team) but i dont know any of their names"- the genesis of "the no-name defense"
6. Shula passed on the Heismen trophy winning QB Steve Spurrier who was the state's darling for a kid from Indiana (griese)
7. Bob griese wore eyeglasses that looked like Joe Paterno's late in his career. lol
8. there was a dolphins player in the 70's named "Ginn" in one of the highlights. lmao
9.wahoo mcdaniel was the only player to have his first name on the back of his jersey, he was also a prof. wrestler who would wrestle at night then wake up and play for the dolphins!
10. some douchebag raider fan, after the "sea of hands game" ran onto the field and punched Bouniconti in the gut and Manny Fernandez almost decapitated him and would have killed him if ppl didnt jump in!
11. The Dolphins owned the bills. 20 straight at one point lol.
12. Howie Long said he's never seen a Center dominate a DT like Dwight Stephenson. listening Sparano?
13. Mark clayton's senior yr in college, he was playing at Pitt U. and went out at pregame to watch the opposition and saw Marino throw and he was dumbfounded by Marino's arm and told his teammates " if i could get on the same team as this guy in the pros..........
14. in one of Jimmy Johnson's first games as coach, Marino takes the ball right down the field like a General and scores in under a minute and JJ says to marino " i've never been a part of something like this where u score this quickly, im not used to this" lol
15. The 72 Dolphins were the greatest team ever, and Shula and Marino are Gods. We already knew this, just had to restate it!
16. Zach Thomas had a car run over him twice as a kid, thats when his dad knew he would be a football player :)
17. i miss watching ricky run in his prime ;)
18. Get this DVD it was very good ;)