But let's face it. Football is a team game. I'm steamed that we lost. To Detroit. At Home. Likewise I'm ticked about losing at home to Cleveland & Buffalo. We should be better than that. We want to point fingers. We want heads to roll. But where to start?
We're all pretty ticked at the obvious plays that hurt us, because it's easy to point out that INTs (and pick-sixes, especially) killed us today. But what about:
- Our total inability as a defense to create TURNOVERS? Despite stats calling our unit a "top 10 D," 18 takeaways is tied for 12th in the AFC. Pathetic.
- Lack of any sort of pass rush when it counted today-- we made Shaun FREAKING HILL look all-pro. QB rating over 100.
- Failing to cover the TE and the screen pass yet again
- Running max-protect on 3rd and 15?
- Putting RB's in underneath routes when you need chunk yards?
- Installing turnstiles along the OL?
- Clearly changing the play-calling mentality once we hit the opponent's 30 yard-line?