Okay, following the fan post your favourite move or non-move of the off-season I thought well what about your least favourite move by the team as this is always something thats likely to get a debate started.
Plus there is the option of following this up at key milestones in the season to see how opinions change.
Topics to pick from:
- Players cut who may come back to haunt us and we all know about that, i.e. Vonnie Holiday (mainly cut due to money), John Beck (personally I think this was a mistake, but we'll see);
- Players that we allowed to leave, i.e Andre Goodman or Renaldo Hill, both good players in their prime but both fulfilling key roles;
- Players that have been bought in via free agency or trades i.e. Grove, Burger, Daniels;
- Positions not strengthened through the draft, i.e Defensive Tackle;
- Positions over recruited in the draft where we could have picked up one player and then someone else for the second player i.e. Corner, Wide Receiver;
- Realistic Free Agent Acquisitions, this is a tough one what do you class as realistic? Well for the purposes of this I would say players that wouldn't have killed the salary cap;
- Somebody signed to a multi-year expensive contract, you don't think deserves it, can't think of any example of the top of my head;
- Players not already signed to multi-year contracts and so coming into contract years, i.e. Ronnie Brown
- And any other player based changes that have occured or not occured during the off-season that you didn't like.
The easiest way to do this for people to but the move they didn't like in the topic of their comments and then if people can comment below, so its easier to scroll down and look at what the thoughts are. (I was going to try a ballot, but there were too many options, but if a top 10 comes out then I'll try that as a follow up.)
Thank you for comments (in anticipation of your participation)