Many will not agree on this but I really don't care.
Two of the phins losses this season have been on the road games(Atl, SD), the other two against 6-0 teams (Ind, NO). I have tried to not completely buy the rebuilding idea, I tought my team was ready to win the tough games when the spotlight on them, the truth is they are not ready YET.
I want the phins to win the divison or most likely a Wild card and I'm confident they still can do it. What I don't see is them winning on a road game against Cincy or NE (which right now are #3 and #4 seeds) in the first round of the playoffs. Don't get me wrong I know "on any given sunday" but right now is not likely to happen. They will compete, push and fight as they have done against every team faced, but most probably fell short because of the missing pieces our team still have on both sides of the ball (WR, S, ILB, TE...) and lack of experience in others (QB, CB).
Now I will definitely will be looking forward into next season to be a playoff and SB contender, the reasons:
- Sparano is still learning an "awful lot" as he used to say about being a NFL coach, don't foget is just his second season in command, experience is the only thing to fix the "miscues" done by the coaching staff.
- Henne needs this season to mature, understand and get a grip as the leader of this team. Even when he really has been upright as the QB he still has a long way to go and is short of weapons.
- The O-Line finally will have a year playing together and looks like is kind of fix for years to come.
- Our CB's will head to be one of the most feared duos for QB's
- Upgrades at WR and S as the most glaring and ILB, OLB, TE and NT as required are likely to happen via Draft or FA.
- The backfield and D-Line only can get better and that is saying much about the two areas which I think are the best in this team rigth now.
Well I love this team since I'm 8 now I'm 27 I hope that in my 20th anniversary as a Dolfan my gift will be the first SB win I witness.
All comments good or bad are accepted, so bring it on.